[PC-BSD Testing] Dolphin can't read USB HD anymore

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 04:56:35 PDT 2010

After rebuilding my OS trying to fix the BIND problem, I noticed I cannot access my USB hard drive anymore.  It used to show a UFS volume in the places section of Dolphin, but now shows 4 USB drives and none of them represent the content of the drive, but rather some directories that look like my they're from my main drive.

Every time I boot up, the media folder  has an additional directory called disk, disk1, and so on - now up to 9.  None of them is the USB drive.

When I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in the same 4 drives pop up in the places section.

Then did this:

root at pcbsd-2276# camcontrol devlist
<Optiarc DVD RW AD-7590S 1.02>     at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (cd0,pass0)
<WD My Book 1028>                  at scbus2 target 0 lun 0 (da0,pass1)
root at pcbsd-2276# mount /dev/da0s1 /media/Backup

But the results are the same - not the data that should be on that disk.

Before I had two drives set up in a RAID-0 but if failed so I reinstalled with just one drive.  I think it's looking at that drive, as the contents look like what's on the main disk drive.

Any idea what happened?