[PC-BSD Testing] Audacity port -- How to fix recording
fitchkendall at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 20:17:45 PDT 2010
For those unable to record streaming audio in Audacity --
The likely problem is that Audacity is not configured for your sound card.
If you were to click through the menus (Edit > Preferences) to the "Audio
I/O" tab will reveal what Audacity thinks your sound card is. On mine, for
example, the entry was /dev/dsp which was wrong.
To solve the problem:
1. Find the hidden audacity configuration "dot file" (.audacity) in your
2. Copy it to .audacity.old so you can have it as a back up.
3. Open .audacity in a text editor.
4. Find the section labeled [AudioIO] and change the /dev/whatever to the
name of your sound device. For my Intel/AC'97 snd_ich, it was /dev/pcm0. See
the Code box below.
5. Save the file and restart Audacity.
6. Select "Vol" in the pick-box as the sound source.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Testing