[PC-BSD Testing] 8-Stable Snapshot

Johann Hugo jhugo at meraka.csir.co.za
Wed Mar 24 06:10:52 PDT 2010

The i386 snapshot boots fine, but it gives a panic as soon as it tries to
write to disk. I've tried to do a fresh install on a disk that had a previous
installation of PCBSD on it.

After a reboot I've selected upgrade instead of fresh install, but I
accidently picked my USB drive da0. Just before doing the upgrade, I went
back to the drives selection page, using the back button and I changed the
selected drive to ad0. This had no effect and it still tried to install on
da0.

Reboot and try upgrade again using ad0. Get a file system full

delete partition by hand:
gpart delete -i 1 ada0
gpart destroy ada0

Reboot and try fresh install again using ad0. No go - gives panic as soon as
it tries to write to disk.

Johann