[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD8.0 USB Keyboard weirdness

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Fri Mar 12 09:57:43 PST 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Mike Bybee <mbybee at dometrilogy.com> wrote:

> Ok - feeling like a bit of a tool here. I have a USB keyboard that works in
> BIOS, works on the 'selection screen' (you know, the one with VESA, single
> user mode, etc).
>
> If I boot non-ACPI, the keyboard works fine, but I don't have a boot volume
> anymore (so that doesn't help too much). But not if PC-BSD boots normally.
> If I plug in a PS2 keyboard, it works fine.
>
> I did verify that USB mode for the keyboard is enabled in BIOS, and the USB
> stuff is loading in the bootup screen.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Mike Bybee

This has actually gotten stranger. Sometimes the keyboard works, and
sometimes it doesn't. Since this is on a machine where flakiness isn't
option (mediacenter), I ended up having to revert it. It's a shame, but at
least I was able to keep 2 of my other systems PC-BSD8 full time.

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee