[PC-BSD Testing] using ports under PCBSD8.0

Johann Hugo jhugo at meraka.csir.co.za
Sun Mar 7 11:10:05 PST 2010

Hi

I want to build nvidia-driver-71 from ports and test it on an old nvidia
graphics card.

Couple of questions:
- Are there any howto's for the new portsjail system that I can read ?
- If one don't install ports+ src during installation, can you do it from the
DVD at a later stage ?
- should one run the ports console and then build + install the ports from
there ?
- I've selected port + src during PCBSD8.0 installation but it ends up under
the normal /usr/src/ and /usr/ports directories, but If I run the ports
console then there's nothing. Is this right ?

Johann