[PC-BSD Testing] installation failed- filesystem is full

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Mar 2 00:00:20 PST 2010

On 03/02/2010 11:46, Andrei Kolu wrote:
> Hello.
>

> PC-BSD 8.0 DVD 64bit installation failed onto 15GB empty partition due to
> not enough free space. Is it so hard to calculate real disk usage before
> installation started?

15GB seems to work fine here. Did you add any optional components? Those
aren't included in the size totals.

> Why there is 18 kernel modules loaded wasting nearly 5 minutes of boot time
> from DVD? I'd suggest to compile those modules into kernel already to boot
> 10x faster.

We had originally done that, however it was causing problems with quite
a few systems, where a specific module would cause a kernel panic, or
failure, and with them compiled into the kernel it wasn't possible to
disable it. The new way is slower on the first boot, but far more reliable.

http://www.pcbsd.com