[PC-BSD Testing] installation failed- filesystem is full

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Mar 2 00:00:20 PST 2010

On 03/02/2010 11:46, Andrei Kolu wrote:
> Hello.
> PC-BSD 8.0 DVD 64bit installation failed onto 15GB empty partition due to
> not enough free space. Is it so hard to calculate real disk usage before
> installation started?

15GB seems to work fine here. Did you add any optional components? Those
aren't included in the size totals.

> Why there is 18 kernel modules loaded wasting nearly 5 minutes of boot time
> from DVD? I'd suggest to compile those modules into kernel already to boot
> 10x faster.

We had originally done that, however it was causing problems with quite
a few systems, where a specific module would cause a kernel panic, or
failure, and with them compiled into the kernel it wasn't possible to
disable it. The new way is slower on the first boot, but far more reliable.