[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD & iphone

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Jun 29 10:55:25 PDT 2010

On 06/29/2010 12:11, Ian Robinson wrote:

>     Ian Robinson wrote:
>
>     After an iPhone is connected to the usb socket of the computer,
>     how do you
>     existing iPhone users connect the iPhone to PCBSD?
>
>     (1)  What do you use in PCBSD to access iTunes (create an account, buy
>     items, etc?) when Apple says its iTunes software is for Windows
>     and Mac?

Well, you kinda answered the question there. iTunes is for Windows and
Mac. You can try running it via Wine, but I'm guessing the USB stuff
wont work, but the app store might.

>     (2)  How do you otherwise transfer information between the iPhone
>     to PCBSD?

Found this thread:

>     (3)  Can you mount the iPhone like a usb disk drive?
>
>     Excerpt from dmesg when plugged into usb socket:
>
>     uaudio0: <Apple Inc. iPhone, class 0/0, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 2> on
>     uhub4
>     uaudio0: audio rev
>     1.00
>
>     pcm1: <USB Audio> on
>     uaudio0
>
>     uhid0: <Apple Inc. iPhone, class 0/0, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 2> on uhub4
>

> The previous dmesg excerpt came from PCBSD 7.01.  The following
> excerpt comes from PCBSD 8.1-RC1 dmesg:
>
> ugen1.2: <Apple Inc.> at usbus1
>
> Ian Robinson
> Salem, Ohio

Is there a way to export the iphones flash disk to show up as a mass
storage device? I don't have one here, so I can't say for sure. My droid
does that and it works fine in BSD :)