[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 8.1 and VirtualBox

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 12:13:25 PDT 2010

Ian Robinson said:

. . . Immediately before the kernel panic, the last thing I did was install
the Virtualbox PBI and rebooted.

Kris Moore said:

Gotcha, this is a problem with the VirtualBox application. The vboxnetflt
module causes a kernel panic at boot on 8.x. I've reported this to the
developers already and am working on a fixed PBI now for the final ISO /
pbidir.

Thanks Kris. You must be working your assets off.

VB 3.2.x is the problem.  I can confirm that 8.1-RC1 works with VB 3.1.8.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio