[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.1-RC1 Oddness and one out of place icon

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Fri Jun 25 08:49:14 PDT 2010

On 06/25/2010 10:36 AM, Kris Moore wrote:
> On 06/25/2010 10:54, Arthur Koziol wrote:
>> X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
>>   Major opcode: 2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
>>   Resource id:  0x4a0002b
>> Failed to initialize GEM.  Falling back to classic.
>> kscreenlocker(2976) LockProcess::stayOnTop: Window above screensaver,
>> raising, erasing
>> do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working
>> correctly.
>> Try adjusting the vblank_mode configuration parameter.
>> Failed to initialize GEM.  Falling back to classic.
>> X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
>>   Major opcode: 2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
>>   Resource id:  0x4a0001f
>> Failed to initialize GEM.  Falling back to classic.
>> kscreenlocker(32553) LockProcess::stayOnTop: Window above
>> screensaver, raising, erasing
>> do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working
>> correctly.
>> Try adjusting the vblank_mode configuration parameter.
>> kxkb: Fatal IO error: client killed
>> ksmserver: Fatal IO error: client killed
>
> Arthur,
>
> The lines above make it seems like its the screensaver / kscreenlocker
> which is failing, maybe because of the intel driver?
>
> Couple of things to try, if you disable the screensaver completely,
> does it still crash? How about if you pick a 2D only screen saver?

Kris,

I'll give it a shot with a 2D screensaver and see what happens. My bet
is on the Intel driver and GEM though. I saw the GEM-related messages in
the error section. A lot of the GEM stuff got fixed in the 2.8.0 driver
onward so I bet GEM has something to do with it as well. Man, the 2.12
drivers are out now too and they are supposed to be a huge performance
boost. Too bad we're stuck on 2.7.1. Argh!

Will try some things and see if I can break it.

Arthur