[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.1-RC1 Oddness and one out of place icon

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Wed Jun 23 07:32:41 PDT 2010

On 06/23/2010 8:25 AM, Arthur Koziol wrote:
> On 06/23/2010 8:17 AM, Kris Moore wrote:

>>> If I can duplicate it, is there a log or something that would have
>>> any usable crash info that I could pass along?
>>
>> Sure, you'll want to look through the file '.xsession-errors' in your
>> homedir, its got all the debug / stderr stuff from your GUI.
>
> Thanks Kris, will do.
>
> Arthur

Kris,

Ok, it looks like I was able to replicate the crash that kicks me out to
the login prompt. This time I was running a "Fetch System Ports Tree"
(System Manager > Tasks tab) and just let it sit for like 10 minutes or
so. I didn't want to log in for fear of it doing something to the
.xsession-errors file so I tried to plug in a flash drive and drop down
to terminal via CTRL-ALT-F1 and copy it up but when I did it corrupted
the screen and I had no mouse nor could I back out. All I could do was
punch the power button and things did seem to shut down gracefully
albeit with nothing showing as much on my monitor. In any case, I have
the .xsession-errors file after I logged back into the machine. Do you
want it or would it not be of any use to you?

Arthur