[PC-BSD Testing] New NVidia drivers out: 256.35
A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Tue Jun 22 18:26:23 PDT 2010
No legacy updates though.
* Fixed a regression in 256.29 where Performance Level clock
frequencies were reported incorrectly in nvidia-settings.
* Fixed a 3D Vision Stereo bug that caused the stereo glasses to
not toggle when the flat panel was not running at its native mode timings.
* Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-settings to crash when rendering
its thermal gauge widget if the range of valid values for the thermal
sensor was empty.
* Fixed a bug which prevented use of high performance PowerMizer
levels on systems with certain ACPI configurations.
* Fixed a bug that caused non-primary Fermi GPUs to fail to
initialize framebuffer memory. This caused a variety of symptoms, up
to and including system hangs.
* Added unofficial GLX protocol support (i.e., for GLX indirect
rendering) for the following OpenGL extensions:
GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_timer_query GL_EXT_draw_buffers2
* Improved Thermal Settings reporting in nvidia-settings to
accurately reflect hardware configurations with multiple thermalsensors.
* Fixed an interaction problem between Compiz
and'screen-scraping' VNC servers like x11vnc and vino that caused the
screento stop updating. Fixes Launchpad bug #353126.
* Enhanced VDPAU to add basic support for Xinerama. VDPAU will
now operate on a single physical X screen under Xinerama. See
theREADME for more details.
* Enhanced VDPAU's handling of corrupt clips of all formats on
GPUs with VDPAU feature set C to be at least as good as on GPUs with
VDPAU feature set B. This significantly improves various clips
provided by nvnews.net user eamiller.
* Fixed a bug in Xv attribute handling that caused hue,
saturation, brightness, and contrast values to be misapplied when
using an Xv overlay adaptor.
* Fixed a bug in the XvMC driver that prevented it from working
on systems with AGP graphics cards.
* Enhanced VDPAU to clear all VdpVideoSurfaces to black when
allocated.This provides more consistent results when using a surface
as a reference when no prior decode operation has written to that
surface.In turn, this improves the results of decoding some corrupt
streams,such as "p_only_no_play" from ffmpeg bug 1124.
* Implemented new APIs to allow sharing VDPAU surfaces with
OpenGL and CUDA. The OpenGL extension is GL_NV_vdpau_interop. For
CUDA, please see the documentation in the CUDA toolkit for details.
* Worked around a bug where the combination of a GPU with VDPAU
feature set A together with specific motherboard chipsets could cause
visible corruption when decoding some MPEG-2 streams
* Fixed a bug that prevented the VDPAU overlay-based presentation
queue from being used more than a few hundred times per X server invocation.
* Renamed the driver file libGLcore.so.VERSION to
libnvidia-glcore.so.VERSION, as a small step towards reducing the
filename collisions between NVIDIA's and MESA's OpenGL
implementations.This driver file is used by NVIDIA's libGL.so and
libglx.so, and should never be used directly by applications.
* Compressed the nvidia-settings, nvidia-installer, and
nvidia-xconfig tarballs with bzip2, rather than gzip.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Testing