[PC-BSD Testing] Possible small bug in 8.1 BETA1 & RC-1 Update Manager

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Mon Jun 21 06:41:25 PDT 2010

Kris,

In my last report on BETA1 I forgot to mention something I observed that
thought might be a bug. When the PC-BSD Update Manager lets the user
know there's some kind of update, the icon changes to the blue ball with
the "i" in it. When I did a fresh install I noticed there was an updated
version of VLC Player. I updated to it (1.6.0_1) but noticed that the
Update Manager didn't change back to showing things as being fully up to
date (the green shield with a check mark). Instead, it's still showing
the blue ball as if there is still something new to update to but of
course there is not. I guess it's just not updating / refreshing it's
status after installing new updates. If I right-click it and do a Check
For Updates, it will then change to the correct icon (the green shield
with a check mark).

Arthur