[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade to 8.1 fails

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 09:41:58 PDT 2010

What would prevent me from extracting a PBI?  I've seen this in the past and it was always something in the PBI that needed updating.  Did you download the latest PBI to try extracting?

I restored the /usr/Programs directory and files, and my /usr/home directory.

>From the bin directory for gimp:

/media/disk2/program2/Gimp/bin# ./gimp-2.6
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.0" not found, required by "gimp-2.6"
Discovered that only a fraction of the files in /gimp... got copied - strange, because all I did was drag all the directory icons from one pane to another in Dolphin and told it to copy.  Not sure why some files made it but others didn't.

Just recopied and overwrote the existing gimp directory and now it works.

I think the problem with some of these PBIs is that I copied them over in the root version of Dolphin so that all the PBI files are owned by root/wheel.  I assume they should all be Jeff/Jeff so that they can find their config files in my home directory, right?  If I just chown all the files in the /usr/Programs directory I assume they will wake up and find the old config stuff in /home/Jeff.  Correct?

Almost there!