[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade to 8.1 fails

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Jul 28 08:00:05 PDT 2010

On 07/28/2010 10:58, Jeff wrote:
> Ok, looks like I can just move pf.conf over and restore the
> exceptions, but what about the software manager?  Why can't it see the
> PBIs I put in /usr/Programs ?  Is there some other file in etc I need
> to move?
>
> Why do some PBIs work and others crash?

I'm at a loss with that one. If they are 8.0 PBIs they are the same for
8.1. Check your sym-links, do you have /Programs -> /usr/Programs still?

If you run the command "pbidelete" as root, does it list your installed
files? Did you backup /usr/Programs/.config/ProgList which contains the
installed application list?