[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade to 8.1 fails

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 11:30:28 PDT 2010

Thanks Kris,

I had neglected to backup /usr/Programs, only the symlinked version - doh!.

When I dropped to the emergency shell and chrooted in, /usr was empty.  It appeared like I wasn't in the old environment.

How can I get this stuff off the disk?  I can no longer boot up with the old system.  I have two disks in the system so if I can just get a live CD going and mount the drives I can get stuff off that way.

...Jeff