[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade to 8.1 fails

Jerry Baker jerbaker76 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 10:22:06 PDT 2010

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:21:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeff <dejamuse at yahoo.com>
To: PC-BSD Testing list <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>
Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade to 8.1 fails

Tried like seven times now.? Each time it spends about 5 min "cleaning up old
filesystem" and then starts to remove packages.? Now just hits this file and
spends 10 seconds crunching with no disk activity then reboots.? Odd that just
removing a package would cause the kernel to fault.

Is it possible the install CD is corrupt?? I didn't verify written data when I
burned it. Tried using a USB stick first but didn't work.? Just tried copying
the image file directly to the USB stick but got an error that BIOS couldn't
find the boot loader.

Can I use a live CD to manually uninstall or delete that package?

If so, which live CD is best and where do I find it?

...Jeff