[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade to 8.1 fails

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 10:02:33 PDT 2010

Ok, here is the fault report (this amd64 install, BTW):

Fatal trap 9: general protection fault while in kernel mode.

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00

instruction pointer   = 0x20:0xffffffff82e395a3
stack pointer          = 0x28:0xffffff80b163a7d0
frame pointer          = 0x28:0xffffff80b163a810
code segment        = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                             = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags     = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process      = 6687 (ldfonfig)
trap number           = 9
panic: general protection fault
cpuid = 0
Uptime: 8m4s
Cannot dump.  Device not defined or unavailable.