[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade to 8.1 fails

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 09:21:23 PDT 2010

Tried like seven times now.  Each time it spends about 5 min "cleaning up old filesystem" and then starts to remove packages.  Now just hits this file and spends 10 seconds crunching with no disk activity then reboots.  Odd that just removing a package would cause the kernel to fault.

Is it possible the install CD is corrupt?  I didn't verify written data when I burned it. Tried using a USB stick first but didn't work.  Just tried copying the image file directly to the USB stick but got an error that BIOS couldn't find the boot loader.

Can I use a live CD to manually uninstall or delete that package?

If so, which live CD is best and where do I find it?

...Jeff