[PC-BSD Testing] Question about choosing motherboard for pcbsd 8.1 x64

Bill Sun billksun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 06:24:47 PDT 2010

Actually, USB 3.0 support is not part of the 890-series chipsets, so there's
even less difference.  USB 3.0 doesn't seem to be supported by FreeBSD yet,
as I've just upgraded my motherboard to a Gigabyte 890 board and the USB 3.0
ports don't work.

I'm not sure if SATA 6 work or not, but then again, similar to the USB 3.0
situation, it might take a while before we can find hardware that can make
use of the additional bandwidth, so there's still some time incorporate
support.

-Bill