[PC-BSD Testing] 8.1 RC1 Issues

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Thu Jul 15 13:02:27 PDT 2010

13.07.2010 9:18, Alexander Yerenkow пишет:
> 11.07.2010 8:09, Bill Sun пишет:
>> I am running into some issues with my RC1 installation:
>>
>>    1. I have some trouble with sound on my RC1 installation.  Sound
>>       does work.  But I have 2 sound devices.  One is the on-board
>>       HDA sound, and another is my Audigy2 ZS card.  Both work in
>>       osstest.  But in Phonon, I cannot get the sound to output to
>>       Audigy2.  Under the "Multimedia" settings I have moved the
>>       Audigy2 card to the top of the list.  But I cannot get any
>>       sound output to it.  I can only get sound output to my HDA, is
>>       there any way to make sound work with my Audigy2 card in KDE?
>>    2. In "System Settings" -> "Advanced" -> "Samba", the
>>       configuration screen is read-only.  It should probably ask for
>>       administration password like when you access it from "Launcher"
>>       -> "Applications" -> "Samba Manager".
>>    3. I can't seem to install fonts from "System Settings" -> "Font
>>       Installer".  When I navigate to the directory with the .otf
>>       file in the "Add" dialog box, I cannot see the file, hence I
>>       cannot install it.
>>    4. IBus is not quite working properly.  I have added
>>       Chinese-PinYin  and Chinese-ChewYin input methods in
>>       "Preferences".  However, I cannot select the ChewYin IME.  The
>>       tray icon simply flashes to the ChewYin icon and back to the
>>       default.  The PinYin IME works, but there is no graphics for
>>       the icon.  There is also no icons for the language panel under
>>       PinYin (see attachment).  I was pleasantly surprised that IBus
>>       was installed by default, but it would be nice if the Qt
>>       applications default to using IBus as the IM as well.  So far
>>       I've only figured out how to get dolphin to use IBus.  I have
>>       no idea how to do so in Kate.  Also, IIRC, version 1.3 and up
>>       of ibus-pinyin can toggle between Traditional and Simplified
>>       Chinese input, however, I do not see such option in the version
>>       with RC1.
>>

> I'll look into it, but probably at weekend only;
> We have 1.3.3 version of ibus in ports, however 1.3.6 available;
> An also it could be simply due to broken port of pinyin.

Could someone who know chinese provide me with some phrases and
hieroglyphs to test both simplified and traditinal?
Currently, I enter "zhong wen", and see this: 中文
I could test other symbols, but I don't know what to enter :-P

And I still can't find what's wrong and why icons aren't seeing.

Thanks :)