[PC-BSD Testing] ZFS Best Practices

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 14:13:57 PDT 2010

Greetings:

Configuring ZFS has been a substantial topic on the beta-testing mailing
list in the last several days.  While aimlessly cruising the web I ran
across this page called "ZFS Best Practices," and I thought I would pass it
along:

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+zfs/bestpractices

There is also Sun's "ZFS Administration Guide" @
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-2271 with chapters about:

how to install and boot a ZFS file system @
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-2271/zfsboot-1?a=view

Managing Devices in ZFS Storage Pools (with other topics like "Adding
Devices to a Storage Pool," "Adding Disks to a Mirrored ZFS Configuration,"
"Adding and Removing a Mirrored Log Device to a ZFS Storage Pool," and
"Converting a Non-Redundant ZFS Storage Pool to a Mirrored ZFS Storage
Pool")  @ http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-2271/gayrd?l=en&a=view

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio