[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.1 RC1 + ZFS

Bill Sun billksun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 08:27:18 PDT 2010

Is this a limitation of GPT + ZFS?

I was able to duplicate Johann's setup, I think.  Basically, I specify the
SWAP partitions first.  For example, 2 GB and ad0 and then 2 GB on ad1.
 Then on ad0, I specify the rest of the free space to be a mirrored ZFS and
selecting ad1 into the pool.  It seems the installer cannot figure out the
free space that is left on ad1 and would attempt to add the entire ad1 disk
into the pool.

Although, if I remember correctly, I think even creating slices in advance
it wouldn't work.  I think the dialog would not let you select the slice to
add into the pool, I'll try again tonight.

-Bill