[PC-BSD Testing] 8.1 RC1 Issues

Bill Sun billksun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 19:31:10 PDT 2010

> We probably need to set the sysctl hw.snd.default_unit to 1-3 or something.
> Can you post output of "cat /dev/sndstat"?

pcm0: <HDA Realtek ALC892 PCM #0 Analog> (play/rec) default
pcm1: <HDA Realtek ALC892 PCM #1 Analog> (play/rec)
pcm2: <HDA Realtek ALC892 PCM #2 Digital> (play/rec)
pcm3: <HDA Realtek ALC892 PCM #3 Digital> (play)
pcm4: <Creative Audigy 2 (EMU10K2)> (play/rec)

What format is ".otf"? I know .ttf / .pcf works, but .otf may be some
> unknown format.

.otf is suppose to be for OpenType Fonts.  I am trying to install the
inconsolata font from:

http://www.levien.com/type/myfonts/inconsolata.html

Is there any error message when trying to mount it?

I don't see any errors from dolphin when trying to mount it.  Dolphin will
open to "~/Documents".  If you select the drive again, it'll just jump
back.  Is there a way to view the errors when launching from the console?
Currently it just spawns the dolphin process and returns back to the prompt.

Also, any ideas on the problems with IBus?  Could the missing graphics
indicate a bad install of IBus?

-Bill