[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.1 RC1 - thoughts and ideas

Lars Engels lars.engels at 0x20.net
Wed Jul 7 23:30:42 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 06:24:03AM -0700, Mike Bybee wrote:

[...]

> I would love to step up and help on the suspend resume and power management
> if you can point me in the right direction.

Take a look at this (german) posting:
http://www.bsdforen.de/showthread.php?p=213340#post213340
You need a minimal kernel config, load pretty much everything as a
module, unload them before going to sleep and reload them after
resuming.

It would be great if FreeBSD knew which modules to load automatically
depending which device IDs the kernel finds.