[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.1 RC1 - thoughts and ideas

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Jul 7 06:33:45 PDT 2010

On 07/07/2010 09:24, Mike Bybee wrote:

> I would love to step up and help on the suspend resume and power
> management if you can point me in the right direction.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Mike Bybee

Sure!

The first thing to do is get yourself subscribed to the freebsd-acpi list:

That's where you can discuss all things acpi/power management.

Next I would e-mail Alexander Motin (mav at freebsd.org). He's been doing
some work for us, and knows a lot about the acpi subsystem, and can
probably point you in the right direction. He also wrote this nice guide
on tuning power consumption which may help you:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/TuningPowerConsumption