[PC-BSD Testing] 8.1-RC2

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 09:41:04 PDT 2010

> Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:59:25 +0200
> From: krzysiek <nr10232 at op.pl>
> Subject: [PC-BSD Testing] about 8.1 rc2
>
> hi.
> When 8.1 rc2 iso will be available?
> regards,
> krzysiek

My two cents:  With the FreeBSD release being substantially on-schedule
(i.e., FreeBSD 8.1-RC2 schedule date June 25, issue date June 26), FreeBSD
8.1 has to be imminent.  Tthe release build is scheduled for July 9, only
three days away, so perhaps we will see the release announcement in less
than a week.  Therefore, if there is going to be a PCBSD 8.1-RC2, perhaps it
would be best to wait for the FreeBSD 8.1 Release so RC2 testing can be done
using FreeBSD 8.1 Release.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio