[PC-BSD Testing] More Testing: PC-BSD 8.0-RC

Yamashiro, Jun yamajun at ofug.net
Sat Jan 30 18:54:43 PST 2010

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 13:33:38 +0200
Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow at uct.ua> wrote:

> > Note to Kris and Alexander:
> > * I fixed enable-ibus.sh for PBI applications.  Please apply
> > attached patch.
> >
> Applied, currently in trunc;
Thank you.

> > * japanese/font-vlgothic not found in 8.0-RC.  Is it right or wrong?
> >
> There was bug in portname, fixed in trunc, should be in Release.
> You could try install it manually:
> japanese/font-vlgothic
> and see if cont-config are working fine.
> > * In some application, IPA font mis-displayed.
> >    I seeking solution in now.
> >
> Which kind of app is this? PBI or builtin?
> Maybe there are used different font-config?

Kind of bug:
Expand character width of Latin alphabet/numeric character,
like a CJK character.
Image of similarly bug: http://obn.sakura.ne.jp/20081015_emacs23_4.png

Impact:
This bug shown with Qt application(KDEware, VLC).
Qt cannot handle new OTF(Open Type Font) version IPA font.

Workaround:
* Install VL Gothic.  This is solution for 'sans' and 'monospace'.
* Don't use 'IPAGothic' / 'IPAMincho', use 'Sans serif' / 'Serif'

Solution:
* Install old version(TTF version) IPA font
(But, this is not in ports)

regards,
Yamashiro, Jun			Email: yamajun at ofug.net
Okinawa FreeBSD Users Group