[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.0-RC

Arthur A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Sat Jan 30 17:59:35 PST 2010

At 05:12 PM 01/30/2010, you wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Kris Moore
><<mailto:kris at pcbsd.com>kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:
>
>PC-BSD 8.0-RC is now available for download from our mirrors:
>
><http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/145/11/>http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/145/11/
>
>This update fixes a LOT of bugs reported during the beta cycle, for some
>of the major ones please take a look at the changelog:
>
><http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/141/11/>http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/141/11/
>
>Please report any bugs found in this release to our Trac database
>(<http://trac.pcbsd.org>http://trac.pcbsd.org) as soon as possible.
>
>--
>
>Kris Moore
>PC-BSD Software
><http://www.pcbsd.com>http://www.pcbsd.com
>

>Not sure how to quantify this, but the 8.0 RC seems noticeably
>slower than the beta. Both in VM, running one at a time, same VM
>settings. There is a noticeable mouse and menu lag, the Software
>Manager takes 45 seconds to come up in RC and 2 seconds in Beta.
>
>Is this just VM weirdness? I'm going to do a bare metal test here in a bit.

RC  seems MUCH faster than beta for me. Might be the VM?

Arthur

[/]This message (including any attachments) contains confidential
information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient,
you must delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, harvesting,
dissemination, opting-in
or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited by law.[/]