[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 8.0-RC

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Sat Jan 30 15:12:31 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> PC-BSD 8.0-RC is now available for download from our mirrors:
>
> http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/145/11/
>
> This update fixes a LOT of bugs reported during the beta cycle, for some
> of the major ones please take a look at the changelog:
>
> http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/141/11/
>
> Please report any bugs found in this release to our Trac database
> (http://trac.pcbsd.org) as soon as possible.
>
> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

Not sure how to quantify this, but the 8.0 RC seems noticeably slower than
the beta. Both in VM, running one at a time, same VM settings. There is a
noticeable mouse and menu lag, the Software Manager takes 45 seconds to come
up in RC and 2 seconds in Beta.

Is this just VM weirdness? I'm going to do a bare metal test here in a bit.

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee