[PC-BSD Testing] More Testing: PC-BSD 8.0-RC

Yamashiro, Jun yamajun at ofug.net
Sat Jan 30 03:01:43 PST 2010

Hello Arthur and lists,

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:16:01 -0600
Arthur Koziol <A-Koziol at neiu.edu> wrote:
> 2. A copy of the link to iBus is sitting in Lost & Found. Just a hunch
> but that probably isn't supposed to be there since it's launched by
> default. Perhaps hanging out with it's buddy iBus Preferences in Kicker System?

iBus daemon on PC-BSD boot only for Chinese/Japanese/Korean language
selected at installer.  If you want boot iBus daemon,  please set
FORCEIBUS="YES" at /usr/local/kde4/env/enable-ibus.sh.

Note to Kris and Alexander:
* I fixed enable-ibus.sh for PBI applications.  Please apply
attached patch.
* japanese/font-vlgothic not found in 8.0-RC.  Is it right or wrong?
* In some application, IPA font mis-displayed.
  I seeking solution in now.

regards,
Yamashiro, Jun			Email: yamajun at ofug.net
Okinawa FreeBSD Users Group