[PC-BSD Testing] vbox and life preserver

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Jan 20 07:51:40 PST 2010

On 01/18/2010 08:40, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> A few notes:
>
> VirtualBox PBI (tested 32 bit) does not load needed driver, please have it "kldload vboxdrv"
> in post-installation script.

This is on 3.1.2 version? If should automatically load the vboxdrv on
8.x, and do it upon reboot for 7.x, since on 7.x sometimes loading that
driver has caused hard-locks when X is running.

> I could not get life preserver to restore, it always fails with this error:
>
> #12/filename failed: No such file or directory(2)
> rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors)(code 23)at main.c(1505)[receiver=3.0.6]
>
> even though the file/directory is there. I've tried both files and directories, with and without a beginning slash.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru

I'll have to re-test the restore stuff with life-preserver also. Can you
tell me what file you are trying to restore, which path? I know
sym-links aren't parsed properly, so /home would need to be /usr/home/,
etc.

http://www.pcbsd.com