[PC-BSD Testing] no download button for gnome PBI?

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Thu Jan 14 11:23:12 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> On 01/14/2010 10:02, Mike Bybee wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Mike Bybee<mbybee at dometrilogy.com>
>  wrote:

> doverosx at gmail.com

> kris at pcbsd.com
> some
> on
> as
> app!
> if

> and
> in
> for
> just
> approve
> they
> at
> Testing at lists.pcbsd.org>
> seems
> try
> PBIdir.
> different
> where
> (both
> Gnome
> the
> PC-BSD
> not

> break.
> included

> culled

> errors.

> >> I did it via ncurses, but I believe it's just --disable-pam for the
> >> gnome-screensaver port. I'm testing it tonight, since when I did the
> rebuild
> >> yesterday, I forgot to have it install into /Programs/Gnome :)
> >> Now I'm chasing down all the pieces lol.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >> Mike Bybee
> >>

> > Well, the good news is that I was able to reproduce the issue easily with
> > rebuilding gnome-screensaver with/without PAM.
> > The bad news is I couldn't figure out how to rebuild the port and
> overwrite
> > the /Programs/Gnome with the version from ports - I looked at this:
> > http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Working_with_FreeBSD_Ports
> > But that doesn't appear to apply at all to 8.
> >
> > I'll have to find some docs to understand how the ports are going to work
> in
> > PC-BSD 8 :D
> >
> Mike,
>
> You are working with a PBI file, not a port directly, so to rebuild it
> you'll want to checkout the pbi builder software, which will rebuild
> gnome in a chroot environment, and generate the resulting PBI.
>
> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Using_the_PBI_Builder
>
> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Module_Builder_Guide
>
> The configuration module we use for gnome2 is right here:
>
> http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbibuild/modules/x11/gnome2
>
> Also, I can easily supply make.conf variables to the PBI via the
> pbi.conf file for gnome2, so if you let me know what options you want
> enabled / disabled, I'll add them, and rebuild the PBI for testing :)
>
> http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbibuild/modules/x11/gnome2/pbi.conf
>

> --

> [...]
Thanks, I'll give that a shot :)

Here's a link for the switch:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2008-July/020739.html

Basically define WITHOUT_PAM which should handle it. There is a weird
negative logic going on here in the makefile :D

+.if defined(WITH_KEYRING) && defined(WITH_PAM)
 SUB_LIST+=        PAM_KEYRING=
 RUN_DEPENDS+=
${LOCALBASE}/lib/pam_gnome_keyring.so:${PORTSDIR}/security/gnome-keyring
 .else
 SUB_LIST+=        PAM_KEYRING=\#
 .endif
-.else
-CONFIGURE_ARGS+=    --disable-pam
-PLIST_SUB+=        PAM="@comment "
-.if defined(WITH_KEYRING)
-.warning Option KEYRING needs PAM, but PAM is disabled.
-.endif
+
+pre-fetch:
+.if defined(WITHOUT_PAM) && defined(WITH_KEYRING)
+    @${ECHO_MSG} "Keyring integration is disabled because it needs PAM."
 .endif

I'll also try to get my first PBI built by building Gnome with this set.
Makes me wish they'd stuck with XScreensaver, but all the desktop
environments are getting too big these days.
--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee