[PC-BSD Testing] no download button for gnome PBI?

Stephan Assmus superstippi at gmx.de
Thu Jan 14 10:19:19 PST 2010

Hi,

On 2010-01-14 at 18:40:29 [+0100], Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:
> You are working with a PBI file, not a port directly, so to rebuild it
> you'll want to checkout the pbi builder software, which will rebuild
> gnome in a chroot environment, and generate the resulting PBI.
>
> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Using_the_PBI_Builder
>
> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Module_Builder_Guide
>
> The configuration module we use for gnome2 is right here:
>
> http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbibuild/modules/x11/gnome2
>
> Also, I can easily supply make.conf variables to the PBI via the pbi.conf
> file for gnome2, so if you let me know what options you want enabled /
> disabled, I'll add them, and rebuild the PBI for testing :)
>
> http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbibuild/modules/x11/gnome2/pbi.conf

With all the mentioning of Gnome... is that like a completely supported
alternative to using KDE on PC-BSD? Can it be installed without installing
KDE at all? Did you guys write some custom panels for Gnome as well? I've
heard that PC-BSD has some custom configuration panels for KDE, but it's
been a while since I may have read that. ;-)

Best regards,
-Stephan