[PC-BSD Testing] no download button for gnome PBI?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Jan 14 09:40:29 PST 2010

On 01/14/2010 10:02, Mike Bybee wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Mike Bybee<mbybee at dometrilogy.com>  wrote:

>>> extra
>>> kris at pcbsd.com
>>> well.
>>> I'm
>>> you
>>> needs,

>>> I'm
>>> button
>>> them
>>> it
>>> platform,
>>> again
>>> in
>>> working.
>>> VM
>>> 8

>>> gnome-screensaver
>>> possible

>>> full
>>> the
>>> PAM
>>> That
>>> enabled

>>> go
>>>>

>>> I'll be happy to give that a shot :)
>>>
>>> Send me the make.conf options you want to use to disable PAM in the
>>> module / PBI. Those go into the modules pbi.conf file, and we'll then
>>> trigger a rebuild and see how it works.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Kris Moore
>>> PC-BSD Software
>>> http://www.pcbsd.com
>>>

>> I did it via ncurses, but I believe it's just --disable-pam for the
>> gnome-screensaver port. I'm testing it tonight, since when I did the rebuild
>> yesterday, I forgot to have it install into /Programs/Gnome :)
>> Now I'm chasing down all the pieces lol.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Mike Bybee
>>

> Well, the good news is that I was able to reproduce the issue easily with
> rebuilding gnome-screensaver with/without PAM.
> The bad news is I couldn't figure out how to rebuild the port and overwrite
> the /Programs/Gnome with the version from ports - I looked at this:
> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Working_with_FreeBSD_Ports
> But that doesn't appear to apply at all to 8.
>
> I'll have to find some docs to understand how the ports are going to work in
> PC-BSD 8 :D

Mike,

You are working with a PBI file, not a port directly, so to rebuild it
you'll want to checkout the pbi builder software, which will rebuild
gnome in a chroot environment, and generate the resulting PBI.

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Using_the_PBI_Builder

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Module_Builder_Guide

The configuration module we use for gnome2 is right here:

http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbibuild/modules/x11/gnome2

Also, I can easily supply make.conf variables to the PBI via the
pbi.conf file for gnome2, so if you let me know what options you want
enabled / disabled, I'll add them, and rebuild the PBI for testing :)

http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbibuild/modules/x11/gnome2/pbi.conf

http://www.pcbsd.com