[PC-BSD Testing] Splash Screen corruption on dual head setups and sporadic tray apps crash

Claudio Russo russo.claudio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 07:15:42 PST 2010

Hello,
this is my first post on the list. I would like to report two small problems
in 8.0 BETA:

on my HP pavilion DV6695el (NVidia GeForce 8400M GS), the splash screen
apears corrupted during login.
Details:
I have an externa LCD Monitor set to 1920x1080, configured as TwinView with
the built in Display (thus seen as a single gigantic display). The Splash
screen is not scaled nor centered. The Image renders correctly but the
portion exceeding the image width is rendered with random pixels.

As soon as KDE finishes launching, everything runs fine... well, almost.

After some time, the network tray icons randomly crash.
Details:
I have configured both the ethernet and the wifi cards (intel 3945). Both
work as expected, but an hour or so, the network tray applets begin to
crash. Network, however,  stays up. Tried disabling wifi but still the same.

only minor problems here, and the distro feels pretty good.
keep up the good work.