[PC-BSD Testing] no download button for gnome PBI?

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Thu Jan 14 07:02:07 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Mike Bybee <mbybee at dometrilogy.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/13/2010 10:01, Mike Bybee wrote:

>> extra
>> kris at pcbsd.com
>> well.
>> I'm
>> you
>> needs,

>> I'm
>> button
>> them
>> it
>> platform,
>> again
>> in
>> working.
>> VM
>> 8

>> gnome-screensaver
>> possible

>> full
>> the
>> > have been "Rebuild and turn off PAM".
>> > What I am going to propose is that we release the screensaver without
>> PAM
>> > enabled in the PBI for now, while we get the underlying issue fixed.
>> That
>> > Gnome Keyring thing is odd - all the pieces (dbus and whatnot) are
>> enabled
>> > as soon as you enable Gnome in rc.conf, however I still get the errors.
>> >
>> > I'll be sending Kris a version of gnome-screensaver (and assorted
>> > dependencies) built with PAM disabled this evening in case he wants to
>> go
>> > this route.
>> >

>> I'll be happy to give that a shot :)
>>
>> Send me the make.conf options you want to use to disable PAM in the
>> module / PBI. Those go into the modules pbi.conf file, and we'll then
>> trigger a rebuild and see how it works.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD Software
>> http://www.pcbsd.com
>>

> I did it via ncurses, but I believe it's just --disable-pam for the
> gnome-screensaver port. I'm testing it tonight, since when I did the rebuild
> yesterday, I forgot to have it install into /Programs/Gnome :)
> Now I'm chasing down all the pieces lol.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Mike Bybee

Well, the good news is that I was able to reproduce the issue easily with
rebuilding gnome-screensaver with/without PAM.
The bad news is I couldn't figure out how to rebuild the port and overwrite
the /Programs/Gnome with the version from ports - I looked at this:
http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Working_with_FreeBSD_Ports
But that doesn't appear to apply at all to 8.

I'll have to find some docs to understand how the ports are going to work in
PC-BSD 8 :D

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee