[PC-BSD Testing] no download button for gnome PBI?

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Tue Jan 12 15:23:15 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> On 01/12/2010 14:43, Mike Bybee wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Mike Bybee<mbybee at dometrilogy.com>
>  wrote:

> that

> fixed

> from

> >> I had actually never noticed I could do that :D
> >> Once I set my mirror specifically, it pops right up and downloads fine.
> >>
> >> First off - I notice I still have to manually kill the screensaver
> process
> >> in order to unlock the screensaver. I'll investigate where that's
> breaking.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >> Mike Bybee
> >>

> > Despite my efforts with the pam.d settings and what not (both in
> /etc/pam.d,
> > and in /Programs/Gnome/etc/pam.d), nothing seems to be working. I
> compared
> > the settings side by side with my standard FreeBSD 8 + Gnome VM (built
> just
> > for this purpose) and everything seemed to match... except the size of
> > gnome-screensaver. I'm rebuilding it from ports on the PC-BSD 8 test box
> out
> > of curiosity.
> >
> > I think worst case we could try using the version of the
> gnome-screensaver
> > without PAM support - but I'm trying to find out why it's not working
> under
> > PC-BSD while working fine under FreeBSD
> >

> One possibility is that something is broken with gnome-screensaver when
> its built with a different PREFIX / LOCALBASE. The one we are building
> is built with /Programs/Gnome instead of /usr/local, and its possible
> that something about switching that directory causes it to break.
> Another possibility is that some other port needs to be included in the
> PBI build, which isn't apart of the x11/gnome2 build-chain.
>

> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

While doing this, noted these errors:

1) polkit-read-auth-helper: needs to be setgid polkit
2) gnome-keyring-daemon: couldn't allocate secure memory to keep passwords
and or keys from being written to the disk

Here's the debug output from the screensaver password prompt (I culled the
other stuff that wasn't directly related to the password entry)

[error_watch] gs-window-x11.c:965 (09:12:27):     command error output:
[gs_lock_plug_enable_prompt] gs-lock-plug.c:1203 (09:12:27):     Setting
prompt to: Password:

[error_watch] gs-window-x11.c:965 (09:12:30):     command error output:
[request_response] gnome-screensaver-dialog.c:152 (09:12:30):     got
response: -2

[error_watch] gs-window-x11.c:965 (09:12:30):     command error output:
Error authenticating user.

[error_watch] gs-window-x11.c:965 (09:12:30):     command error output:
[do_auth_check] gnome-screensaver-dialog.c:298 (09:12:30):     Verify user
returned: FALSE

[lock_command_watch] gs-window-x11.c:1439 (09:12:30):     command output:
NOTICE=AUTH FAILED

[error_watch] gs-window-x11.c:965 (09:12:30):     command error output:
[auth_check_idle] gnome-screensaver-dialog.c:345 (09:12:30):
 Authentication failed, retrying (1)

Still researching this - I think you could be right that it may be something
with an invalid path, or a missing module.

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee