[PC-BSD Testing] FW: pcbsd 7.1.1 not detecting broadcom 57xx and wireless 1397 network cards

Andrew Perry perrya at shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au
Tue Jan 12 13:50:37 PST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: testing-bounces at lists.pcbsd.org
[mailto:testing-bounces at lists.pcbsd.org] On Behalf Of Kris Moore
Sent: Wednesday, 13 January 2010 8:22 AM
To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org
Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] FW: pcbsd 7.1.1 not detecting broadcom
57xx and wireless 1397 network cards

On 01/11/2010 22:28, Perry, Andrew wrote:
>   hi Kris,
>
> i've attached the output for pciconf -lv at the bottom. it looks like
> the two network interfaces are at the end
>
> regards
> andrew

I'm not seeing any wifi driver for the particular broadcom chip you
have, however, I would link the wired card would work with the bce or
bge driver. Can you check if those are loaded? Do you see any devices
like bce / bge show up in ifconfig?

http://www.pcbsd.com

neither bge nor bce show up, i'm only getting the loopback interfaces,
pfsync0 and pflog0.

i did try googling and found someone else with the same problem
http://forums.pcbsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13559 but didn't exactly
follow how they got around it. so i thought i'd see if any support for
it was planned before i tried it

regards
andrew perry