[PC-BSD Testing] no download button for gnome PBI?

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Tue Jan 12 11:43:58 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Mike Bybee <mbybee at dometrilogy.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/12/2010 10:46, Mike Bybee wrote:

>> Gnome

>> build
>> take a

>> take
>> Update.

>> this

>> > The download button is visible for me, and while it seems to keep
>> failing
>> > via software update (error is "Download failed! Please try again
>> later."), I
>> > am able to download the 8.0 version of Gnome from PBIdir.
>> >
>> > I'll start working on the environment soon hopefully :)
>> >

>> Its working here on 8.0 x64, maybe try selecting a different mirror from
>> the config screen?
>>

>> --
>>
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD Software
>> http://www.pcbsd.com
>>

> I had actually never noticed I could do that :D
> Once I set my mirror specifically, it pops right up and downloads fine.
>
> First off - I notice I still have to manually kill the screensaver process
> in order to unlock the screensaver. I'll investigate where that's breaking.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Mike Bybee

Despite my efforts with the pam.d settings and what not (both in /etc/pam.d,
and in /Programs/Gnome/etc/pam.d), nothing seems to be working. I compared
the settings side by side with my standard FreeBSD 8 + Gnome VM (built just
for this purpose) and everything seemed to match... except the size of
gnome-screensaver. I'm rebuilding it from ports on the PC-BSD 8 test box out
of curiosity.

I think worst case we could try using the version of the gnome-screensaver
without PAM support - but I'm trying to find out why it's not working under
PC-BSD while working fine under FreeBSD

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee