[PC-BSD Testing] Display tool entry causes spontaneous screen resize

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Tue Jan 12 07:29:58 PST 2010

12.01.2010 17:22, Kris Moore пишет:
> On 01/12/2010 08:44, Ian Robinson wrote:
>
>> Does anyone else have this problem?
>>
>> A spontaneous re-size of the screen resolution to 1024x768 occurred when I
>> selected System Settings -->   Display.
>>
>> I could not undo the change by attempting to use the "Size" tool, even
>> though the screen sizes were on the list.  No matter what, the size remained
>> at 1024x768.  However, I could reset the display with %nvidia-settings.
>>
>> I re-ran the sequence (Display / nvidia-settings) several times.  The
>> behavior was 100% repeatable.
>>
> I'm not seeing that here, running x64 + nvidia, and dual-head. I'm
> guessing xrandr is trying to determine the resolution of your monitor,
> and mis-identifying it as 1024x768 and applying it.
>
> Anybody else run into this on their system or with a non-nvidia setup?

I have laptop, which I thought is 1280x800;
so:
in xorg.conf I have 1280x800
kde starts in 1440x900
when I launch wine and it shut downs with incorrect resolution, like
800x600 - I launch this display manager and *magic*, it makes me 1440-900.

So, probably your monitor really thinks that it has 1024x768 :)