[PC-BSD Testing] Display tool entry causes spontaneous screen resize

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 05:44:52 PST 2010

Does anyone else have this problem?

A spontaneous re-size of the screen resolution to 1024x768 occurred when I
selected System Settings --> Display.

I could not undo the change by attempting to use the "Size" tool, even
though the screen sizes were on the list.  No matter what, the size remained
at 1024x768.  However, I could reset the display with %nvidia-settings.

I re-ran the sequence (Display / nvidia-settings) several times.  The
behavior was 100% repeatable.

PCBSD 8.0-Beta-x64 --
uname -a output:
FreeBSD pcbsd-5301 8.0-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p1 #9: Fri Dec 11
17:57:38 EST 2009
root at build8x64.pcbsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/pcbsd-build80/fbsd-source/8.0-src/sys/PCBSD
amd64

The video card is an Nvidia Quadro FX 3400.
The driver is NVidia 195.22
Here are excerpts from the relevant sections of /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "NOK"
    ModelName      "Nokia 445Xpro"

    HorizSync    31.0-121.0
    VertRefresh  50.0-150.0
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier      "Card0"
    Screen           0
#    Option         "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
#    Option         "RenderAccel" "true"
#    Option         "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"
#    Option         "UseEvents" "false"
#    Option         "TripleBuffer" "1"
#    Option         "DamageEvents" "1"
#    Option         "BackingStore" "1"
#    Option         "PixmapCacheSize" "70000"
#    Option         "OnDemandVBlankInterrupts" "true"
#    Option         "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
    Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "nVidia Corporation"
    BusID      "PCI:64:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Card0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth   24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth      24
        Modes      "1600x1024"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Is there any other information you need?

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio