[PC-BSD Testing] printer configuration module

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Jan 11 13:47:09 PST 2010

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> Hit a few showstoppers in the KDE printer configuration control module.
>
> It does not prompt for password, meaning adding printer fails and Server Settings screen is greyed out.
> (I got around this with kdesu kcmshell4 system-config-printer-kde).
>
> Once started with administrative password, it finds the printer no problem (really nice!) and goes
> through all of the screens before hanging at the very end. After hitting the very last OK on the New
> Printer page (the one that shows the printer name, description, and location), this error pops up:
>
> Authorized - KDE Control Module: The password may be incorrect.
>
> It then hangs forever--there is obviously an authorization issue that isn't getting the password so the
> printer can be created.
>
> I have screenshots up to this point of adding an Officejet_6300 series. Will need screenshots of whatever
> happens afterwards by Jan 15th. If a new ISO that fixes this could be rolled by then (even an unofficial
> one) so I can test and get screenshots, that would be very good! Or, if there are config changes I can
> make to the existing beta that fixes this, send me those instead.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru
> !DSPAM:1,4b47578820141876629958!

Fixed in SVN, just had to update our default cups config, you should be able to add / remove and
set options now via the tool.

If you want to try it out for screenshots now, go ahead and do so:

http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pcbsd/trunk/system-overlay/usr/local/etc/cups/cupsd.conf, and
replace /usr/local/etc/cups/cupsd.conf with it. Then restart cups, and it should just work. :)