[PC-BSD Testing] SATA drive not recognized in PC-BSD 8.0 beta, works fine in PC-BSD 7.1.1 and FreeBSD 8

Stephan Assmus superstippi at gmx.de
Mon Jan 11 13:17:23 PST 2010

Hi,

Von: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com>
> On 01/11/2010 06:07, Stephan Assmus wrote:
> > the subject says it all. My SATA controller is in AHCI mode. I have only
> > one hard drive attached (WD Velociraptor, 150 GB version). On the drive
> > are
> > 3 primary partitions and one extended partition with several logical
> > partitions. I was able to install plain FreeBSD 8.0, using the FreeBSD 8
> > network installation CD to this drive.
>
> What was the device name of your drive on this system with ahci enabled?
> ada[0-9]? If so, I added support for it to svn a few days ago, should be
> detected in next release :)

I have since removed FreeBSD again. Unfortunately, I installed and removed again quite a number of systems these past days and I am getting confused over what happened in which platform... :-) I think it was ada0, but I may remember it wrong. I am wondering if the device name may have had an "s" in it? But that could have been the longer version that mentions the slices. Sorry for not being very helpful here.

Best regards,
-Stephan