[PC-BSD Testing] kgpg

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Jan 11 12:58:25 PST 2010

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> KGpg works great when you right-click to encrypt a file in dolphin.
>
> However, the KGpg application will not launch as a regular user (so you can
> manipulate keys, options, etc.). I could get it to start with kdesu kgpg,
> but that won't manipulate the regular user's keys. (and it refuses to
> generate a key pair as root).
>
> I get this error when I try dbus-launch kgpg as a regular user:
>
> QSystemTrayIcon::setVisible: No Icon set
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru
> !DSPAM:1,4b48a9b020141764120012!

I'm not sure what to tell you, it works just fine here when I go to start ->
utilities -> encryption tool as my regular user on a fresh install. The first time I ran it, it went ahead and prompted me to setup a new key, and did it just fie.

However, I did notice something which may be causing confusion. kgpg can only have a single session running at a time, and by default it "hides" in the
system tray (where klipper is), but you have to click the "<" arrow to expand the tray and see it. So if you already have it running (but hidden by the tray), it won't start a new one, or bring any GUI up, until you click on the tray icon.