[PC-BSD Testing] Keymap selection "dead"

Stephan Assmus superstippi at gmx.de
Mon Jan 11 05:01:55 PST 2010

Hi,

On 2010-01-11 at 12:21:36 [+0100], Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow at uct.ua>
wrote:
> 11.01.2010 13:10, Stephan Assmus пишет:
> > the interface controls for selecting a keymap during installation of
> > PC-BSD
> > 8.0 beta are non-responsive. They look a bit weird too, for example the
> > scrollbar is black and white if memory doesn't fail me. Clicking any of
> > these controls will not work (not even visual feedback of the click),
> > but IIRC, one can click the button at the bottom of the installer
> > window that proceedes to the next step.
> >
> You need to uncheck "use default" checkbox to make these bars active.

Oh, ok. I didn't even see that. Since this is an extra page dedicated for
selecting the keymap, I don't see the sense of an extra "Use Defaults"
checkbox. The defaults are obviously already selected and if I want to keep
those, I could just press "Next". But in the case where I want to change
them, having to first press an extra checkbox is unexpected and annoying. I
did stare at this page for a moment, and I don't remember stumbling across
this checkbox at all. So it's so unexpected (at least for me), that the
checkbox is practically hidden.

Best regards,
-Stephan