[PC-BSD Testing] floppy tester needed

Arthur A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Sat Jan 9 18:09:16 PST 2010

>Can someone with a system running beta and containing a floppy drive
>please confirm that the following text is correct:
>
>To access the data on a floppy, simply insert a floppy containing
>data. It will automatically appear in Dolphin. Don't forget to
>right-click the floppy icon to Eject the floppy device before
>physically removing the floppy from the floppy drive.
>
>Alternatively, you can access the floppy drive in Konqueror by
>typing floppy:/ into the location bar.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Dru

Dru,

No dice. Got the following error: An error occurred while accessing
'1440-KB 3.5" drive', the system responded:
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure: mount: /dev/fd0:
operation not support by device

I booted into Windows XP and was able to see the floppy and data
fine. Even formatted the floppy in Windows to make sure it was not
the drive and it was fine. Copy and delete to the floppy worked fine
in WIndows.

Anything you want me to look at or try? This is a VIA KT600 chipset
but I don't think it should make much difference.

Arthur