[PC-BSD Testing] printer configuration module

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 8 08:03:46 PST 2010

Hit a few showstoppers in the KDE printer configuration control module.

It does not prompt for password, meaning adding printer fails and Server Settings screen is greyed out. (I got around this with kdesu kcmshell4 system-config-printer-kde).

Once started with administrative password, it finds the printer no problem (really nice!) and goes through all of the screens before hanging at the very end. After hitting the very last OK on the New Printer page (the one that shows the printer name, description, and location), this error pops up:

Authorized - KDE Control Module: The password may be incorrect.

It then hangs forever--there is obviously an authorization issue that isn't getting the password so the printer can be created.

I have screenshots up to this point of adding an Officejet_6300 series. Will need screenshots of whatever happens afterwards by Jan 15th. If a new ISO that fixes this could be rolled by then (even an unofficial one) so I can test and get screenshots, that would be very good! Or, if there are config changes I can make to the existing beta that fixes this, send me those instead.

Cheers,

Dru