[PC-BSD Testing] 8.0-beta x64 testing, few issues

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Fri Jan 8 07:33:22 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> > 7. not sure about this one, but powerd seem not to be running in default
> install.
> >

> Correct, powerd causes lockups with the new nvidia drivers on some
> systems. I'll re-enable it when that gets fixed by either nvidia or
> freebsd :)
>
> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

Is powerd known to cause issues with the ATI drivers as well? If I enable it
my ATI based laptop simply boots to a black screen (no text terminals,
ctrl+alt+bkspace does nothing, completely dead the moment it launches X -
fine up to there, back to normal when I turn it back off).

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee