[PC-BSD Testing] no download button for gnome PBI?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Jan 8 06:31:52 PST 2010

On 01/07/2010 23:41, Mike Bybee wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Kris Moore<kris at pcbsd.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 01/07/2010 11:41, Mike Bybee wrote:
>>>
>>> I'll happily take that task, I'm actually working on some of the Gnome
>>> systools integration for the std FreeBSD project as well.
>>>

>> I'll be glad to help get you involved with this app! I'm doing a build
>> of it now to fix a few bugs, but when that's done if you want to take a
>> look at it, and submit any fixes, missing ports it needs, etc, that
>> would be great :)
>>

>> --
>>
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD Software
>> http://www.pcbsd.com
>>

> I just set up a clean new install in Virtual Box, and I'm ready to take a
> crack at it.
> 1) The Rhythmbox PBI is missing the download button in Software Update.
> 2) As Dru mentioned, Gnome is missing the download button as well.
>
> Should I just download the PBIs manually, or wait for them to be installable
> via Software Update?

The Gnome PBI will be available today sometime, I just found and fixed
the showstopper bug with it :)

As for ryhthmbox, I haven't been able to test / approve it yet. FYI,
thats why some apps don't have download links yet, they haven't been
approved or uploaded. Fabry is going to change pbidir at some point to
"hide" apps which aren't available for the users platform, that way this
confusion goes away.

http://www.pcbsd.com