[PC-BSD Testing] no download button for gnome PBI?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Jan 7 08:09:20 PST 2010

On 01/07/2010 11:01, Mike Bybee wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Kris Moore<kris at pcbsd.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 01/06/2010 18:11, Dru Lavigne wrote:
>>>
>>> I can find gnome in Software Browser and I see that it successfully
>> builds on http://pbibuild.pcbsd.org/index.php?ver=8. But there is no
>> download button. Is this a weirdism or is the PBI not available yet?
>>>
>>> I need to test the PBI to sign off on one of the chapters.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Dru
>>>

>> Dru,
>>
>> I just tested Gnome here and found a few bugs in it. I've fixed them and
>> am triggering it for a rebuild now. Which are you trying to test on,
>> 32bit or 64bit?
>>

>> --
>>
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD Software
>> http://www.pcbsd.com
>>

> Just out of curiosity, is one of the bugs you fixed the issue with the
> screensaver password not working? On 7.x you had to disable the screensaver
> password in Gnome if you ever wanted to get back in :D
>
> I never reported it because gnome has a mostly unsupported status on PC-BSD
> according to the site, so I never really worried about it.

I didn't test for that, to tell you the truth I'm not a huge Gnome fan,
so I really only give it a basic look-over and try to ensure its running
well enough to get into, use and logout :)

What I could really use is somebody experienced with Gnome, who wants to
use it as their primary desktop to do some testing, find bugs, and
submit patches to our module for building the PBI. (This would be a good
way to get a commit bit as well). With a bit of work, it should be
possible to make the Gnome PBI work awesome, and be fully-tweaked &
tuned to what a power gnome user would want.

http://www.pcbsd.com